Election Rules for candidates in Residents' Associations and JCRs elections can be found here.
If you are a candidate running in an election please ensure you have read the entire document. A summary of the rules can be found below:
- Only do, what other candidates can do - e.g. if your friend owns a billboard you cannot use this to advertise
- Don’t use University/Union/Halls resources
- Don’t interfere with other people’s campaigns – e.g. ripping down or scribbling on their posters
- Don’t bribe people to vote for you
- Don’t threaten or harass
- Don’t use negative campaigns – ideas and policies not personality
- Don’t interfere with voting – e.g. you CANNOT stand next to or ’help’ a resident while they vote
- Don’t commit voter fraud
- Don’t spend more than Spend Limit (the Returning Officer will detail what this is) on your campaign – this includes all printing and postering! You must record all your printing and you may be asked to submit this by keeping hold of your receipts.
Elections Guidance from the RA Constitution