What does the NUS Committee do?
- Responsible for overseeing relationship between the Students' Union and the National Union of Students (NUS)
- Coordinates arrangements for NUS conferences
- Oversees policy submission and ensures this is done in accordance with the policies of the Students' Union
Who sits on the NUS Committee?
- General Secretary
- National Conference Delegates (10)
- Black Students' Conference Delegate (1)
- Disabled Students' Conference Delegate (1)
- LGBT+ Conference Delegates (9)
- Women's Conference Delegates (4)
- International Students' Conference Delegate (1)
- Postgraduate Students' Conference Delegate (1)
- Mature and Part-time Students' Conference Delegate (1)
The election to fill the NUS Conference Delegate places will be held over the following dates:
Standing opens: Tuesday 1st November @ 12noon
Standing closes: Friday 11th November @ 5pm
Voting opens: Monday 21st November @ 12noon
Voting closes: Thursday 24th November @ 5pm
When will the NUS Committee meet?
Please note - these dates are provisional and will be confirmed by email once you are elected.