If you are not satisfied with your result(s) or a recent academic decision affecting your studies you should firstly approach your academic advisor or appropriate person within your School to obtain detailed feedback. 

You cannot challenge a mark or a decision because:

1.     You are unhappy with it, or... 

2.     If you thought you would have achieved a better mark.

This is because it challenges the academic judgement of the markers or examining body.

Students are advised to first speak to an appropriate person in the School to try and resolve the matter on an informal basis. Informal appeals differ by School so yours may be a verbal or written process.

What can we do?

There are several ways our Advisors can support you through this process. A Student Advisor can:

1.     Clarify if your appeal fits into one of the grounds

2.     Explain the informal and formal appeal process to you and guide you through the stages.

3.     Help put together a statement.

4.     Advise on what evidence you should submit along with your appeal

5.     Monitor the progress of your appeal

6.     Accompany you to any meetings to provide support and representation.

More details of the appeals process can be found in our Academic Appeals Booklet.

You can also find an appeals form and further details on the full procedure on MyManchester.

Mobile CSS