I'm a MSc Organisational Change and Development student and student representative with 3+ years of experience in communication, journalism, marketing and project management.
I will focus on students' mental health, student life and finances to improve our student experience and ensure we get the most out of our time in the university.
- Raise awareness about different mental health support available to students
- Continue implementing and improving UMSU Buddy Scheme among PG students
- Make online one-on-one counselling options available to all students
- Arrange weekly online support groups for students
- Ensure and improve the quality of online teaching using feedback from students
- Explore practical learning methods besides Zoom meetings and encourage academic professionals to use a variety of teaching methods
- Explore face-to-face teaching options for practical degrees (e.g. chemistry, physics and more)
- Continue assessment pledge discussions and find ways to improve it further
- Continue the student hardship fund and create more options for financially struggling students
- Explore refund options for cancelled field trips for all postgraduate degrees
- Make student accommodation contracts more flexible to help students in difficult circumstances (e.g. who have paid for their accommodation and cannot travel to the UK)
- Ensure students understand where their tuition fees are going and if there is any room for reductions during online studies
My full manifesto can be found here or visit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ps_eYhkc3R83qZzWZxA8_8BXgD9_DNDd/view?usp=sharing.
Vote me for Postgraduate Officer in the 2021 SU Elections and I will work on all these issues!
Vote View All Candidates