Apply by clicking the button below:
The Access to Recreation Grant has been set up to reduce financial barriers to participating in Students' Union activity.
Students can claim up to £200 (in advance or after spending) towards:
- Joining SU societies and groups which have membership fees
- Purchasing equipment necessary for joining SU society activities (for example, kit)
- Joining RAG (Raise and Give) challenges which have admin fees
- Travel to attend meetings and activities with your society
- Trips that meet the goals and purpose of the society
- Gaining relevant documentation to participate in activities (e.g. overseas criminal records checks that require payment)
In term 2 priority will be given to students who are in their first year of reciept of the Manchester Bursary
You must meet AT LEAST one of the following criteria to apply:
- Students in receipt of the Manchester Bursary/Article 26 ~Scholarship
- Postgraduate students who were in receipt of maintenance grant as an undergraduate student
- Postgraduate students who are in receipt of the Manchester Master’s Bursary
- Students with a disability
- Students who are carers
- Students who are parents
- Students in receipt of The Undergraduate Access Bursary
- Students in receipt of the Merit and Equity Scholarship
- International students facing additional costs because of your immigration status
- Living at Home Students
TIMELINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The timeline for applications is detailed below:
- Applications Open – Monday 18th of September
- Applications Close – Monday 9th of October
- Confirmation and grant allocation by: Friday 20th of October
- Applications Open – 29th January
- Applications Close – 12th February
- Confirmation of grant allocation by: 23rd February
- The Access to Recreation Grant has limited financial resource. In the event that application bids exceed this resource, a selection process will take place and some bids will be unsuccessful - further infomation about the process is detailed on the application form.
- Any student who recieves money from the Access to RecreationGrant will be required to complete two short surveys to help us evaluate the impact of the fund.
- Details on how your data will be stored and used are on the application fund.
If you are struggling to locate evidence to upload to the application form, please don't worry. Email us HERE or call 0161 275 2940