Housing Advice

Wherever you live, your accommodation is one of the most important parts of your life as a student and you should feel happy and safe living there.

However, we know that student accommodation can bring some stress, particularly if it is your first time living away from home. We’re here to help you with any worries you might have, including finding a new house, contracts, the Tenancy Deposit Scheme, inventories, bills, council tax, gas safety, ending your tenancy and moving out.

We can also help if you are having problems with the property, your landlord, fellow tenants or neighbours.

Useful information on renting, moving in best practice and how to resolve issues can be found here

If you’re having problems with University halls, you can be sure that our advisors are independent of the University and will always work in your best interests.

Feel free to contact us if you have any issue, big or small.

What Can We Do?

  • Give you advice and support if you are having difficulties with your landlord, fellow tenants, or neighbours.
  • Check your housing contract and flag up any details you might want to consider.
  • Help you find a new house.
  • Help you submit complaints to your Hall of Residence, and support you throughout the process.
  • Give advice on Tenancy Deposit Schemes, including advising you on making a complaint to the deposit dispute resolution scheme and advising you on whether any deductions from a deposit are reasonable.
  • Advise you on issues regarding council tax.
  • Advise you if your landlord tries to end your tenancy early or is threatening to evict you.
Mobile CSS