WHO WE ARE…
Decolonise UoM is a collective of staff and students at the University of Manchester who, through political education and building collective power, aim to reimagine and build a democratic, liberated and free education for all.
WHAT WE DO…
• We advocate for justice by dismantling the racist, ableist, transphobic, homophobic, sexist structures of the University.
• We advocate for divestment from companies and institutions that are complicit in the decimation of our planet and human lives.
• We advocate for the reformation of university governance so that is in the hands of staff and students.
• We advocate for an end to the hostile, racist and xenophobic environment infringing on our campus.
• We advocate for a decolonised curriculum that not only diversifies our reading lists but is actively critical of the colonial thought processes implicit in the fabric of our education.
• We advocate for a free education that values education as a human right rather than a consumer good.
Click here to read out manifesto and find out more.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED…
• Write for or become an editor for our blog (https://decoloniseuom.blogspot.com/). Any student or staff is welcome to contribute.
• Join our listserv: firstname.lastname@example.org, for email updates, events, info, etc. You can also use the listserv to send relevant info to others on the list yourself.
• Join our radical readers group - this occurs once a month at at the moment is taking place online on Discord, joining link here: https://discord.gg/xx43CJj
• Help us organise political education events, help us create and share resources, help us manage our social media. We're very much in need of more organisers.
WHERE YOU CAN FIND US…
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DecoloniseUoM/
• Twitter: @decoloniseuom
• Instagram: decolonise_uom
• Email: email@example.com
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.