Elections 2020: Key dates
Nominations open - Monday 6th January, 12 pm
- Nominations will open on the Students' Union website - head to manchesterstudentsunion.com/nominate
- You can nominate yourself for one of 8 paid, full-time Executive Officer Positions or 38 voluntary, part-time student officers
Nominations close - Monday 17th February, 12 pm
Candidate briefing - Exec Officer candidates - Monday 17th February, 5 pm
Candidate briefing - Part-Time Officer candidates - Tuesday 18th February, 5 pm
Once the nominations close, candidates will be given information about: the elections process, the student landscape, the elections rules and tips on how to campaign.
Voting opens - Thursday 27th February, 12 pm
- We will start the elections off with a bang, expect confetti, megaphone and music.
- Voting takes place online via the Students’ Union website. You only need your student log in to vote.
- The Students’ Union will be scatted around campuses helping students to vote and provide them with information about candidates.
- Both Executive and Student Officer Candidates will also be around campus, halls, lecture theatres and everywhere else in between, talking students about their concerns, campaigns and why they should be elected.
Voting closes - Thursday 5th March, 5 pm
After 5 pm, the Students’ Union will begin counting the votes to see who are newly elected officers are.
Results night - Thursday 5th March, 7 pm
We will be hosting a results party on the same evening to celebrate all candidates’ successes over the voting week. The winners of both Part-time and Full-time officer positions will be announced.